5 Pool maintenance tips that every pool owner should try:
Pools are hard to maintain whether they are big or small. You need all sorts of products and tools to keep the pool clean and tidy, here are some great tips that can help you maintain your pool without any extra cost.
- Scrubbing and Skimming: Skimming is the duty of taking out debris as well as leaves with the help of a net, it’s the most important part and should be done daily. Scrubbing is also important, as it keeps the walls of the pool from any buildup of mold or algae. Once a week scrubbing is necessary to keep any algae buildup from happening.
- A filter is the kidney of the pool: Just like the body needs kidneys to clean out the impurities, the pool needs a filter. You can clean out the filter basket once a week and its pipe should be cleaned once a month to keep supreme maintenance.
- The Baking Soda tip: Pool chemicals are necessary but expensive, typical baking soda has all the amount of sodium bicarbonate that is needed to balance the alkaline levels of the pool.
- Water Levels: The balance of the chemical also relies upon the water level. So, you will need to keep a vigilant eye on the water levels in case of heavy rains or kids diving and splashing. The chemical levels fluctuate with the water levels.
- The tennis ball trick: Oils and impurities like lotion, hair product, the natural body oil can dirty the pool’s water, they are hard to clean as well. The easiest way to get rid of them is the tennis ball trick. Throw a couple of tennis balls into the pool. The material of the ball will absorb the oil leaving the water slick and shiny.